It’s that time again…
I seriously can’t believe that it’s December 1st and that after a bit of a blogging break I’m back to help celebrate the best books of the year and those I’m most looking forward to in 2018.
As always, I am so thrilled to be joining some amazing bloggers to help co-host this year’s Top 10 of 2017 – a fun-filled week where we look back at some of the best of all things books of 2017 and look ahead to what we can’t wait for in 2018 – with the incredible Jaime of Two Chicks on Books, Nancy and Christy of Tales of the Ravenous Reader, Bridget of Dark Faerie Tales, and this year we are joined by Fallon of Seeing Double in Neverland and the lovely ladies at Take Me Away To A Great Read!
For the first time ever we’re stoked to announce that we have an Instagram component for the Top 10 of 2017, headed up by Bridget @DarkFaerieTales_.
And once again I would like to send out a huge thank you to our original co-hosts and creators of this event – Lisa of A Life Bound by Books and Jessica of Confessions of a Bookaholic.
This year’s sign-up giveaway – open to those who sign up for this event and participate – is for either a $25 Amazon Gift Card (US) or $25 in books from The Book Depository (for our International participants)! So be sure to leave your link in the Linky and enter in the Rafflecopter.
The event runs for five consecutive days, the last full week of the year – Monday, December 25th to Friday, December 29th. Five days in which we share some of our favorite lists and we invite ALL of YOU to join in on the fun and share your lists with everyone too!
Each day of the event just visit one of the hosting blogs and share your list in the Linky below each day’s post. Just make sure to match up the correct post and Linky list to get credit.
Monday, December 25th
- Best Books I’ve Read in 2017 (Doesn’t have to be released in 2017, just a book you’ve read in 2017)
Tuesday, December 26th
- Best Book Covers of 2017 (MUST be a book released in 2017. Would be best if it’s a book you’ve READ in 2017, but it’s not required)
Wednesday, December 27th
- Best ________ of 2017 (Reader’s/Blogger’s choice. Please fill in the blank with ONE of these topics – Villains, Contemporaries, Diverse Books, Dual POV’s, Novellas, Adult titles, New Adult titles, Love Triangles, Couples, Bad Boys or Debuts. REMEMBER: this list MUST be from books you’ve READ in 2017)
Thursday, December 28th
- Best Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends of 2017 (MUST be from a book released in 2017 and from a book you’ve READ in 2017)
Friday, December 29th
- Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2018. (This list should be comprised ONLY of books releasing in 2018)
How you do these posts/lists is totally up to you. What books, covers and characters you pick are all your own.
The only rule to follow is posting the topics on the dates we’ve provided.
If you think it will be impossible to keep each list to just 10, there’s always the option of breaking the lists up. For example, creating a list for your Top 10 YA favorites and a list for your Top 10 NA favorites and a list for your Top 10 Adult favorites, etc. This is absolutely fine. You can even feel free to add in a few honorable mentions if you’re having a tough time sticking to just 10.
BUT, please try to keep it to a minimum. It totally defeats the purpose if you have 10 favorites and then 150 honorable mentions.
The goal of this event is for YOU to join in and share your lists with us and for everyone to visit as many of the other participating blogs to check out THEIR lists. It’s also to have fun – so don’t stress it too much!
The event is simple. Make note of the dates and tens list topics as provided and fill out the Linky below. This will give us an idea who will be joining us for the Top 10 week. THEN, be sure to come back to one of our blogs on each of the five days and link up your post for that specific day!
Just remember, each day will have a Linky for that Top 10 topic.
You don’t want to miss a day during the event. There might even be a few giveaways, so joining in the event, keeping up with our and everyone’s lists, just might help win you a bookish prize or two! Additional giveaway details to come, so be sure to check back to find out what we’re giving away and when!
Grab the Button
Feel free to grab either of our event buttons – THE GRAB CODE IS BELOW EACH BUTTON IN THE SIDEBAR – and help spread the word for the event. We’d love to have anyone and everyone join us this year. The more the merrier!
We have once again decided to do a sign-up giveaway for those who sign up early. The giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. Pacific on December 31st, and we’ll be announcing the winner at the end of the event.
- ONE (1) winner will receive EITHER a $25 Amazon Gift Card (US) or $25 in books from The Book Depository (US & International)
- Giveaway is ONLY open to those who’ve signed up and who participate
- Must be 13 or older to enter
- Giveaway is International
- Giveaway is open until December 31st at 11:59 p.m. Pacific
- Prizes will be sent from Amazon or The Book Depository
Enter in the Rafflecopter below…
Don’t forget to grab the button provided for the event and display it on your blog, Instagram, Facebook linking it back to this post so that anyone who wants to find out more about the event can easily do so.
We hope everyone is as excited for this event to start as we are, and we can’t wait to check out all of your lists!
NOTE: this is the SAME Linky on each of the co-hosts blogs, so please just enter your Name, Blog Name and URL on one blog’s Linky. Thanks!