Well, it’s finally here, the LAST month of the Review Pile Reading Challenge hosted by me – Rachel @ Fiktshun – and Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads! I cannot believe that this year is almost over. It flew!
You can still sign up. While there’s only a month left, if you’d like to finish off the year with a few more of those review books read, then joining this challenge might be the perfect way to make that happen. Check out the SIGN-UP POST for details.
Once again… If you’ve already signed up, then all you have to do is stop back and leave your links to your December review book reviews at the bottom of this post. This month’s Linky List will close on December 31st so that we can announce this winner in the end of challenge post on the 1st.
If for some reason you forget to link up any of your earlier review books read during this challenge, you can link them up in this month’s Linky List. BUT you cannot enter a review link more than once.
December RPRC Giveaway
The giveaway for this final month of the challenge is for…
- TWO books of your choice (not to exceed $40) to be ordered from Amazon or The Book Depository – to ONE winner.
You can enter this month’s giveaway by leaving your review links in this month’s Linky List below AND by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post listing which review books you hope to tackle in December.
This giveaway is only open to those signed up for the challenge, leave a comment and who leave at least one review link this month. There are extra entries for each additional review link left.
The winner will be chosen by Random and announced in the challenge ending post on January 1st.
Also, if you are the winner for the October RPRC challenge, please contact me so that I can send out your prize. If I do not hear from you by the time this Linky List closes, I will be selecting another winner from those who left review links in October.
October & November Reads
As previously mentioned, since I’d been posting every other month, I have two months worth of bookish reads to share. I managed to read most of my planned October reads, but did not read one of the two books I’d hoped to read in November. And while I did not review all of the titles I did read, I managed to review most of them and review a couple of books I’d read earlier – LAILAH and EXQUISITE CAPTIVE. Hopefully I’ll be able to review the remaining books early this month. (Fingers are crossed. Tightly.)
And while December is typically a crazy month, I am hoping to tackle eight review books instead of my usual four. Though I won’t be posting reviews for a few of them until closer to their release dates.
My reads in October & November were…
- LOVE ME TO DEATH by Marissa Clarke. Read 10.2.14. Review 10.18.14.
- THE FALL by Bethany Griffin. Read 10.5.14. Review 10.12.14.
- THE STARS NEVER RISE by Rachel Vincent. Re-read 10.9.14. Review 10.17.14.
- CHASING POWER by Sarah Beth Durst. Read 10.11.14. Review 10.14.14.
- LOOP by Karen Akins. Read 10.19.14. Review 10.22.14.
- TRIAL BY FIRE by Josephine Angelini. Re-read 10.21.14. Review 11.4.14.
- THE PERFECTIONISTS by Sara Shepard. Read 10.21.14. Review 10.28.14.
- BEAUTIFUL GIRL by Lida James. Read 10.26.14. Review 10.28.14.
- UNBREAKABLE by C.C. Hunter. Read 10.27.14. Review 10.31.14.
- ETERNAL by C.C. Hunter. Read 10.29.14. Review 10.31.14.
- THE WALLED CITY by Ryan Graudin. Read 10.28.14.
- WILD by Sophie Jordan. Re-read 10.31.14. Review 11.10.14.
- LETTING GO by Molly McAdams. Read 10.31.14. Review 11.4.14.
- FORESWORN by Rinda Elliott. Read 11.16.14. Review TK 12.2.14.
- BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE by Maggie Stiefvater. Read 11.20.14.
- THE DARKEST TOUCH by Gena Showalter. Read 11.23.14. Review 11.26.14.
- ENSNARED by A.G. Howard. Read 11.27.14. Review TK in January.
- NOW THAT YOU’RE HERE by Amy K. Nichols. Read 11.28.14. Review TK 12.2.14.
- SUBLIME by Christina Lauren. Read 11.30.14. Review TK by 12.5.14.
I am surprised that I read 19 review books in the past couple of months. Especially as I also read a few non-review books, too. November was almost a total dud. I did manage to read a few review books but barely got any reviews written. My technology-free week the first week in November kind of spilled over into the second week, leaving me very little time to actually read and blog and review. And with an unexpected visitor in town the third week of November, it basically left me with the week of Thanksgiving. So, no. Not much time at all.
I was doing fairly well with the whole read and review thing on the new blog in October. Not so much November, as mentioned above. But I am hoping to get back on track this December, though I will have family in town for the holidays, so I’m going to have to try and tackle everything planned during the first three-and-a-half weeks of this month.
I’m kind of not really in the mood to read anything in particular. Once I start reading a book, I end up getting drawn in, but finding a genre that grabs me has been tough. I blame The Raven Cycle series. There’s just something about reading books by Maggie Stiefvater that puts me in the mood for different, quirky, bizarre, haunting, original, unusual.
So I’m not entirely sure I’ll be able to stay on plan. But here goes. And yes, I have quite a few reads planned that are not December releases.
My planned reads are…
I am going for eight books this month, instead of four. It’s ambitious, I know, but what the heck.
TRANSCENDENT by Lesley Livingston (releases December 23 2014)
IGNITE by Sara B. Larson (releases December 30 2014)
THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST by Holly Black (releases January 13 2015)
RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard (releases February 10 2015)
THE WINNER’S CRIME by Marie Rutkoski (releases March 3 2015)
HALF WILD by Sally Green (releases March 24 2015)
FALL WITH ME by Jennifer L. Armentrout (releases March 31 2015)
DREAM A LITTLE DREAM by Kerstin Gier (releases April 14 2015)
What about you?
What review books are you planning on reading for this final month of the challenge? Whether you wish to enter the giveaway or not, leave a comment as I’d love to know!
December Link Up!