It’s that time again…
The days are short. The nights are colder. And there are very few days left to figure out what gifts to get for everyone for the holidays.
Even with all that bumming me out, I am so excited to be once again co-hosting the Top 10 of 2016 – a fun-filled week where we look back at some of the best of all things books of 2016 and look ahead to what we can’t wait for in 2017 – with the very awesome Jaime of Two Chicks on Books and Nancy of Tales of a Ravenous Reader! Sadly, this year Mindy of Magical Urban Fantasy Reads won’t be joining in, but we are thrilled to have Bridget of Dark Faerie Tales on the team along with Nancy’s blog partner Christy!
And, as always, I want to send out a huge thank you to our original co-hosts and creators of this event – Lisa of A Life Bound by Books and Jessica of Confessions of a Bookaholic.
This year’s sign-up giveaway – open to those who sign up for this event and participate – is for some of our favorite 2016 ARCs and a $10 GC to Amazon or The Book Depository for our International peeps! So be sure to leave your link in the Linky and enter in the Rafflecopter.
The event runs for five consecutive days, the last full week of the year – Monday, December 26th to Friday, December 30th. Five days in which we share some of our favorite lists and we invite ALL of YOU to join in on the fun and share your lists with everyone too!
Each day of the event just visit one of the hosting blogs and share your list in the Linky below each day’s post. Just make sure to match up the correct post and Linky list to get credit.
Monday, December 26th
- Best Books I’ve Read in 2016 (Doesn’t have to be released in 2016, just a book you’ve read in 2016)
Tuesday, December 27th
- Best Book Covers of 2016 (MUST be a book released in 2016. Would be best if it’s a book you’ve READ in 2016, but it’s not required)
Wednesday, December 28th
- Best ________ of 2016 (Reader’s/Blogger’s choice. Please fill in the blank with ONE of these topics – Villains, Contemporaries, Dual POV’s, Novellas, Adult titles, New Adult titles, Love Triangles, Couples, Bad Boys or Debuts. REMEMBER: this list MUST be from books you’ve READ in 2016)
Thursday, December 29th
- Best Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends of 2016 (MUST be from a book released in 2016 and from a book you’ve READ in 2016)
Friday, December 30th
- Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2017. (This list should be comprised ONLY of books releasing in 2017)
How you do these posts/lists is totally up to you. What books, covers and characters you pick are all your own.
The only rule to follow is posting the topics on the dates we’ve provided.
If you think it will be impossible to keep each list to just 10, there’s always the option of breaking the lists up. For example, creating a list for your Top 10 YA favorites and a list for your Top 10 NA favorites and a list for your Top 10 Adult favorites, etc. This is absolutely fine. You can even feel free to add in a few honorable mentions if you’re having a tough time sticking to just 10.
BUT, please try to keep it to a minimum. It totally defeats the purpose if you have 10 favorites and then 150 honorable mentions.
The goal of this event is for YOU to join in and share your lists with us and for everyone to visit as many of the other participating blogs to check out THEIR lists. It’s also to have fun – so don’t stress it too much!
The event is simple. Make note of the dates and tens list topics as provided and fill out the Linky below. This will give us an idea who will be joining us for the Top 10 week. THEN, be sure to come back to one of our blogs on each of the five days and link up your post for that specific day!
Just remember, each day will have a Linky for that Top 10 topic.
You don’t want to miss a day during the event. There might even be a few giveaways, so joining in the event, keeping up with our and everyone’s lists, just might help win you a bookish prize! Additional giveaway details to come, so be sure to check back to find out what we’re giving away and when!
Grab the Button
Feel free to grab either of our event buttons – THE GRAB CODE IS BELOW EACH BUTTON IN THE SIDEBAR – and help spread the word for the event. We’d love to have anyone and everyone join us this year. The more the merrier!
We have once again decided to do a sign-up giveaway for those who sign up early. The giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. Pacific on December 25th, and we’ll be announcing the winners at the end of the event.
- We have each donated three ARCs, all of which are pictured below and which will be sent separately to ONE WINNER – US ONLY
- ONE WINNER will receive a $10 Amazon or The Book Depository Gift Card – International
- Giveaway is ONLY open to those who’ve signed up and who participate
- Must be 13 or older to enter
- ARC Giveaway is US ONLY; Gift Card Giveaway is International
- Giveaway is open until December 25th at 11:59 p.m. Pacific
- ARCs will be sent separately from each of the four hosts to the winner via Media Mail; GC will be sent by email
Enter in the Rafflecopter below…
Don’t forget to grab the button provided for the event and display it on your blog, linking it back to this post so that anyone who wants to find out more about the event can easily do so.
We hope everyone is as excited for this event to start as we are, and we can’t wait to check out all of your lists!
NOTE: this is the SAME Linky on each of the co-hosts blogs, so please just enter your Name, Blog Name and URL on one blog. Thanks!