I am super excited to be today’s stop – the final stop – on THE SHADOW QUEEN Blog Tour. I have an amazing post by Author C.J. Redwine in which she shares Five Fast Facts about Lorelai, Kol, and Queen Irina.
If you haven’t yet met these characters you should definitely check out the post below. And even if you have, aren’t you just a little bit curious as to what the author decided to share about her characters?
Anyway… THE SHADOW QUEEN is an awesome book. And as it released this week there is absolutely no reason not to grab a copy. Though if you’d like the chance to win a signed copy, scroll down to the Rafflecopter.
But first, here’s some information about THE SHADOW QUEEN.
About THE SHADOW QUEEN
Title & Series: THE SHADOW QUEEN (Ravenspire #1)
Author: C.J. Redwine
Release date: February 16, 2016
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Formats: Hardcover, eBook
A dark epic fantasy inspired by the tale of Snow White, from C. J. Redwine, the author of the Defiance series. Perfect for fans of A Court of Thorns and Roses and Cinder.
Lorelai Diederich, crown princess and fugitive at large, has one mission: kill the wicked queen who took both the Ravenspire throne and the life of her father. To do that, Lorelai needs to use the one weapon she and Queen Irina have in common—magic. She’ll have to be stronger, faster, and more powerful than Irina, the most dangerous sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen.
In the neighboring kingdom of Eldr, when Prince Kol’s father and older brother are killed by an invading army of magic-wielding ogres, the second-born prince is suddenly given the responsibility of saving his kingdom. To do that, Kol needs magic of his own—and the only way to get it is to make a deal with the queen of Ravenspire, promise to become her personal huntsman—and bring her Lorelai’s heart.
But Lorelai is nothing like Kol expected—beautiful, fierce, and unstoppable—and despite dark magic, Lorelai is drawn in by the passionate and troubled king. Fighting to stay one step ahead of the dragon huntsman—who she likes far more than she should—Lorelai does everything in her power to ruin the wicked queen. But Irina isn’t going down without a fight, and her final move may cost the princess the one thing she still has left to lose.
The Guest Post
‘Five Fast Facts’ by C.J. Redwine
- She has mad parkour skills and is an accomplished thief. Need someone to pick a lock, steal something from the queen’s garrison, and then escape the guards by literally running up and over a wall? She’s your girl.
- She has a gyrfalcon whom she can communicate with telepathically. Sometimes this results in an attacker running for his life. Sometimes this results in mice guts being dropped on her brother’s head from on high.
- Her name means alluring enchantress. She wouldn’t think twice about whether or not she’s alluring, but she has serious magical power, and she’s going to use it to bring down the most powerful sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen.
- She is unfailingly practical, much to the despair of her brother (whose spirit animal is whichever animal can do jazz hands).
- It takes her a long time to lose her temper, but once she does, lookout world, you’re about to burn.
- It’s not like he’s kissed every girl at school. Just most of them. For science.
- He’s been expelled from Eiler’s Military Academy three times for (seriously legendary) pranks. He kind of regrets getting expelled, but he doesn’t regret the pranks.
- He’s spent his life in the shadow of his oh-so-perfect older brother—the only one who seems able to meet their father’s expectations. Kol doesn’t want his brother’s position as heir to the throne, but he sometimes admits to wanting his father’s approval.
- He’s incredibly loyal, and he has a large group of close friends who’d do anything for him.
- When you strip away the playboy and the pranks, you find a prince who will sacrifice himself to save his people.
- She grew up hearing her father constantly compare her to her younger sister. Irina always fell short.
- She spent years training with a secret group of mardushkas (sorceresses), learning how to use her power in ways that were strictly forbidden by the king.
- Following the rules left her with a broken heart and shattered dreams. Now, she makes the rules. And anyone who crosses her (or who has something she needs) pays a terrible price.
- She loved Lorelai at first.
- There is nothing she wouldn’t do, no life she wouldn’t take, to secure her throne and vanquish any threat to her power.
About C.J. Redwine
C.J. Redwine loves fairy tales, Harry Potter, and any movie starring Johnny Depp. She is the author of the Defiance trilogy, a post-apocalyptic fantasy from Balzer + Bray. C.J. lives in Nashville with her husband and children. If the novel writing gig ever falls through, she’ll join the Avengers and wear a cape to work every day. To learn more about C.J., visit her website at www.cjredwine.com.
There is a tour-wide giveaway for…
- ONE (1) winner will receive a SIGNED finished copy of THE SHADOW QUEEN + swag – US only
Enter in the Rafflecopter below…
The Tour Schedule
- 2.8.16 | Adventures of a Book Junkie – Interview
- 2.9.16 | The Irish Banana Review – Review
- 2.10.16 | Once Upon a Twilight – Guest Post
- 2.11.16 | A Backwards Story – Review
- 2.12.16 | Two Chicks on Books – Guest Post