Welcome to Day One of the Top 10 of 2105
A Week of Looking Back…
…and Looking Forward
This is my fifth year co-hosting this event with Jaime of Two Chicks on Books, my fourth year co-hosting with Mindy of Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, and my second year co-hosting with Nancy of Tales of a Ravenous Reader. Wow that’s a lot of years. But this event is so much fun, that I’m thrilled to be able to do it again in 2015.
If you haven’t yet heard of the Top 10 of 2015 week-long event, in a nutshell it’s where we share our favorite bookish lists and invite you to share yours over the next five days by leaving your post links in the daily Linky Lists.
Once again, we’re each hosting our own giveaways on four of the five days of this challenge – I’m hosting today’s Day One giveaway, Two Chicks on Books is hosting Day Two’s giveaway, Tales of a Ravenous Reading is hosting Day Three’s giveaway, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads is hosting Day Four’s giveaway. So be sure to check in with each of our blogs this week.
Best Books I’ve Read in 2015
Today’s topic is:
BEST BOOKS I’VE READ IN 2015
I’ve read so many seriously amazing books this year, that picking just ten was a dreadfully impossible task. I’m just glad I read THE STARS NEVER RISE by Rachel Vincent in 2014 or it would have made narrowing down my list that much more horrendous. It also didn’t help that I read more books this year than last, that I’ve been in an eclectic reading mood, and that there were just so many incredible books written.
Why? Because it’s unique, it’s hard-hitting, the writing is beautiful, the story is phenomenal, the series potential has me desperate for the next installment.
Why? Because this series is an all-time favorite, because the ending is abso-freaking-lutely killer, because it’s dark and gorgeous and the waiting is exquisite torture.
Why? Because the story is epic, the world-building incredible, the writing gorgeous, the detail impeccable.
Why? Because the writing is stunning, the world expansive and fascinating, the series riveting.
Why? Because it’s dark and gritty and edgy and shocking and disturbing, the writing brilliant, the story unforgettable.
Why? Because it’s complex and interesting and fascinating. The world is chilling and still amazing. The characters sympathetic and scary. The story compelling.
Why? Because it’s thrilling and epic and gripping and unputdownable. The dual POV makes it edge-of-your-seat exciting.
Why? Because it’s so wicked and dark and wildly entertaining. It’s about villains. Nothing more needs to be said.
Why? Because it’s action-packed, nerve-wracking, suspenseful. There are twists and turns. There’s romance, betrayal and heartbreak. What’s not to love?
Why? Because it’s awesome and amazing and adorable and nail-biting. The characters are ones you can’t help but love, love, love. Though the possibility that there might not be a next book in the series is heartbreaking.
I really wanted to limit honorable mentions to just five, but I couldn’t do it. Limiting it to 15 was hard enough as it was.
- SWEET RUIN by Kresley Cole – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- NAMELESS by Jennifer Jenkins – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED by Page Morgan – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- EVERY LAST WORD by Tamara Ireland Stone – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- RESONANCE by Erica O’Rourke – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- MAYHEM by Jamie Shaw – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- THE TRAGIC AGE by Stephen Metcalfe – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- REBELLION by Stephanie Diaz – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- LION’S SHARE by Rachel Vincent – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- THE WITCH HUNTER by Virginia Boecker – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- I AM THE TRAITOR by Allen Zadoff – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- ICE LIKE FIRE by Sara Raasch – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- THE WINNER’S CRIME by Marie Rutkoski – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- SWEET by Tammara Webber – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
- THE WRATH AND THE DAWN by Renee Ahdieh – AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | GOODREADS
So those are my favorite reads for 2015. What are yours?
I’m offering up for giveaway…
- Books of Your Choice (up to $30 US) open internationally to anywhere The Book Depository ships
***The giveaway is ONLY open to those participating in the Top 10 of 2015 event***
- Must be 13 or older to enter
- There will be ONE winner
- Giveaway ends on December 31st at 11:59 PM Pacific
- Giveaway is open ONLY to those participating in the Top 10 of 2015 event
- Giveaway is open internationally to anywhere The Book Depository ships
- Prize will be ordered from Amazon or The Book Depository depending upon location
- Winner will be chosen by and announced in the Rafflecopter
- Winner will be contacted by email and have 72 hours to respond
Enter in the Rafflecopter below…
Leave a link to your Best Books I’ve Read in 2015 posts in the Linky List below…