Welcome to the third and final month of the Q4 Review Pile Reading Challenge. I hope the challenge has been as successful as you’d hoped it would be. And if not, there’s still one month left to tackle those review books. So it’s not too late to meet your review pile reading goals!
If you already signed up, all you need to do is stop back and leave your links to your December review book reviews in the Linky List at the bottom of this post.
At the end of the month I’ll tally up the entries, throw them into Random and select a winner for this month’s giveaway.
If you haven’t yet signed up for the challenge, today’s the LAST DAY to do so. Just head over to the SIGN-UP POST to sign up and for more details.
As this is the last month of the challenge, this month’s Linky List will be closing on December 31st at 11:59 p.m. Pacific so be sure to get all your links posted before the year ends. There will be a wrap-up post on January 1st along with a quickie giveaway for challenge participants so be sure to stop by to enter.
If for some reason you forgot to link up your October or November reviews in the November Linky you can always enter them in this month’s Linky List. BUT you cannot enter a review link more than once.
The December Q4 RPRC Giveaway.
This month’s giveaway is for…
- A Book of Your Choice (not to exceed $25) to be ordered from Amazon or The Book Depository – to ONE winner.
You can enter this month’s giveaway by leaving your review links in this month’s Linky List below AND by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post sharing which review books you hope to tackle/or have already tackled in December.
This giveaway is only open to those signed up for the challenge, leave a comment and who leave at least one review link this month. There are extra entries for each additional review link left.
The winner will be chosen by Random and announced in this post on January 1st.
And the winner is…
#10 Danielle @ Life With Two Boys
***END OF UPDATE***
How I Did With My November Reads.
I am not thrilled with how I did in November. I wanted to read and review eight books and hoped to read and review an additional six books. I actually read and reviewed just nine. Though I did read twelve review books, I wasn’t able to get them all reviewed and scheduled prior to this post going live. Hopefully I’ll do better in December, though I highly doubt it.
November planned reads…
- HOW TO BE BRAVE by E. Katherine Kottaras – releases November 3rd. Read & Reviewed.
- TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU by Claudia Gray – releases November 3rd. Read & Reviewed.
- GABRIEL by Nikki Kelly – released October 27th
- THE GIRL WHO COULD NOT DREAM by Sarah Beth Durst – releases November 3rd. Read & Reviewed.
- SOUNDLESS by Richelle Mead – releases November 10th
- AVENUE OF MYSTERIES by John Irving – releases November 3rd
- LOVE AND OTHER ALIEN EXPERIENCES by Kerry Winfrey – releases November 10th. Read & Reviewed.
- HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN by James Lee Burke – releases December 1st. Read. Review TK 12.8.15.
- DANGEROUS LIES by Becca Fitzpatrick – releases November 10th. Read & Reviewed.
- NEED by Joelle Charbonneau – releases November 3rd. Read & Reviewed.
- RULES FOR 50/50 CHANCES by Kate McGovern – releases November 24th. Read & Reviewed.
- SWEET RUIN by Kresley Cole – releases December 1st. Read & Reviewed.
- DIRTY DEEDS by Megan Erickson – releases December 8th. Read & Reviewed.
- SCHISM by Jenna Black – releases November 18th. Read. Review TK 12.3.15.
I only read five of my planned eight reads and only reviewed four of them in November. I just didn’t have time to get GABRIEL and AVENUE OF MYSTERIES on the pile though I really, really wanted to read them both. And I set aside SOUNDLESS as I just wasn’t able to get into it. But I’m still hopeful that someday it will grab my interest.
I was able to read all my additional planned reads, though my review for SCHISM isn’t scheduled yet so I’m not counting it toward my November reviews.
I also re-read THE GIFTED DEAD by Jenna Black, but as I am not reviewing it, I’m not counting it toward the challenge.
And while I probably shouldn’t be including my review for SWEET RUIN in this month’s tally, as it was read and reviewed in November, and scheduled for later today, I am counting it toward my November challenge reads.
My December Reads.
I am only going to plan to read five books in December, though I really hope to read a few more. But December is always busy at work and I’m going to be completely offline and/or without bookish access from December 3rd through the 15th. So…
Here are my planned reads:
- PASSENGER by Alexandra Bracken – releases January 5th
- THICKER THAN WATER by Brigid Kemmerer – releases December 29th
- THE IMPOSTOR QUEEN by Sarah Fine – releases January 5th
- FORGET TOMORROW by Pintip Dunn – released November 3rd
- THE KILLING JAR by Jennifer Bosworth – releases January 12th
It’s a short list and I have a feeling a few of those reads will change. Especially if I decide to tackle some of those November and December review books I wasn’t able to. But I’m kind of hoping I’ll be able to do the five planned reads and those missed reads. Fingers crossed.
What about you?
What review books are you hoping to tackle this last month of the quarter-long challenge? What review books do you have that are releasing this month that you’d love to read and review but know you can’t?
Thank you all for signing up for this challenge and for sharing your review links. Good luck this month! I hope you tackle even more books than you’d hoped.
Happy review book reading!