Welcome to month two of the Q4 Review Pile Reading Challenge. I hope the first month of this three-month challenge was as successful as you’d hoped it would be. And if it wasn’t, there are still two months left to tackle those review books. So it’s not too late!
If you already signed up, all you need to do is stop back and leave your links to your November review book reviews in the Linky List at the bottom of this post.
At the end of the month I’ll tally up the entries, throw them into Random and select a winner for this month’s giveaway.
If you haven’t yet signed up for the challenge, there’s still time. Just head over to the SIGN-UP POST to sign up and for more details.
This month’s Linky List – and each month’s list throughout the challenge – will be open for one week beyond the end of the month, closing on December 7th.
If for some reason you forget to link up your review during the month, you can always add that link to next month’s Linky List. BUT you cannot enter a review link more than once.
The November Q4 RPRC Giveaway.
This month’s giveaway is for…
- A Book of Your Choice (not to exceed $25) to be ordered from Amazon or The Book Depository – to ONE winner.
You can enter this month’s giveaway by leaving your review links in this month’s Linky List below AND by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post sharing which review books you hope to tackle/or have already tackled in November.
This giveaway is only open to those signed up for the challenge, leave a comment and who leave at least one review link this month. There are extra entries for each additional review link left.
The winner will be chosen by Random and announced in this post on December 8th.
And the winner is…
#19 The Readdicts for their review of STEAL ME.
I’ll be contacting you by email for your bookish selection.
***END OF UPDATE***
How I Did With My October Reads.
I am very happy to say that I killed it in October – I read and reviewed a total of 12 books. While I didn’t end up reading and reviewing all of my planned reads, I did read and review most of them and read a few more than planned.
October planned reads…
- NAMELESS by Jennifer Jenkins – releases October 6th. Read & Reviewed.
- AGAINST ALL ODDS by Patricia Vanasse – released September 25th.
- IF YOU WRONG US by Dawn Klehr – releases October 8th. Read & Reviewed.
- BLACK WIDOW: FOREVER RED by Margaret Stohl – releases October 13th. Read & Reviewed.
- FIRST & THEN by Emma Mills – releases October 13th. Read & Reviewed.
- ICE LIKE FIRE by Sara Raasch – releases October 13th. Read & Reviewed.
- FROSH: FIRST BLUSH by Mónica Wagner – releases October 20th. Read & Reviewed.
- MISSING DIXIE by Caisey Quinn – releases October 27th. Read & Reviewed.
- PERSUASION by Martina Boone – releases October 27th. Read & Reviewed.
- THE ROSE SOCIETY by Marie Lu – releases October 13th. Read & Reviewed.
- ROMANCING THE DARK IN THE CITY OF LIGHT by Ann Jacobs – released October 6th. Read & Reviewed.
- A SONG FOR ELLA GREY by David Almond – releases October 13th. Read & Reviewed.
- UNSPOKEN by C.C. Hunter – releases October 27th. Read & Reviewed.
I read eight of the nine books I’d planned on reading for this month’s challenge. The only book I didn’t read was one I actually set aside for the time being. I got 15% of the way through the book but I just couldn’t read on due to the dreadful editing job. I’m actually rather appalled at the publisher for doing such a disservice to this author. I plan on trying to finish reading it next month, but unless things drastically improve it won’t receive high marks.
I also re-read a couple review books – LEAVING AMARILLO and LOVING DALLAS by Caisey Quinn, but as I didn’t review them, I’m not counting them toward this challenge.
And I technically read another book in October, but as my review won’t post until later today, I’m not counting it toward my October challenge.
My November Reads.
November is always a crazy month. And as I also plan on doing some writing this month, I’m lowering my review book total to 8 for the month. Here are my planned reads:
- HOW TO BE BRAVE by E. Katherine Kottaras – releases November 3rd
- TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU by Claudia Gray – releases November 3rd
- GABRIEL by Nikki Kelly – released October 27th
- THE GIRL WHO COULD NOT DREAM by Sarah Beth Durst – releases November 3rd
- SOUNDLESS by Richelle Mead – releases November 10th
- AVENUE OF MYSTERIES by John Irving – releases November 3rd
- LOVE AND OTHER ALIEN EXPERIENCES by Kerry Winfrey – releases November 10th
- HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN by James Lee Burke – releases December 1st
Just like last month, it feels kind of ambitious. Especially as two of the books on my list are quite lengthy. But as I’ve already read one of the November books and am currently reading another, this should make it that much easier to tackle the planned reads.
Though I would really, really love to read HELLRAISERS by Alexander Gordon Smith before its release on December 1. And I am definitely going to be reading PASSENGER by Alexandra Bracken, though I probably won’t be posting the review until December.
What about you?
What review books are you hoping to tackle this second month of the quarter-long challenge? What review books do you have that are releasing this month that you’d love to read and review but know you can’t?
Thank you all for signing up for this challenge and for sharing your review links. Good luck this month! I hope you tackle even more books than you’d hoped.
Happy review book reading!