Welcome to the Q4 Review Pile Reading Challenge!
The first three quarters of the year were just so crazy I knew I wouldn’t be able to host a year-long event like I did last year with the 2014 RPRC. But things should be getting quieter as the year comes to a close so I thought it would be the perfect time to host this mini-challenge.
It’s also kind of necessary for me as my review pile just keeps growing and I’d love to be able to shrink it down just a little bit before the year ends. And I hope you’ll join me for the last three months of the year in trying to tackle your review piles.
The purpose of this challenge is to tackle the books on your review pile. They can be books you received from publishers or authors, grabbed from NetGalley or Edelweiss, or picked up at a convention or a conference with the intent of reading and reviewing them.
The result (hopefully) of joining this challenge is to reduce those review piles and to feel a lot less guilty by the time 2016 comes around.
- The Q4 RPRC runs from October 1st – December 31st, 2015
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 1st, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific
- Grab the button to show off your participation – optional
- You DO NOT have to have a blog to join this challenge. You just need to have some books received for review and a place online to review them
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you do not have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile that shows your Q4 RPRC shelf or you can create a post on Facebook announcing your intent to participate
- Please link back to Fiktshun in your sign-up posts
- This challenge is meant to help clear up books you’ve received for review. Any format, or any length, as long as you received the book specifically for review, is allowed
- There will be a kick-off post on October 1st where you’ll be able to leave your October review links. There will be a new post at the beginning of each month of the challenge where you’ll be able to leave links to your monthly reviews
- If you forget to leave your review link in the challenge month in which you reviewed the book or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways – make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #Q4RPRC2015 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter
As this is a shorter challenge than last year, there are fewer levels and you will not have to meet your level goals in order to be considered a successful participant. But setting a goal is always a good way to begin a challenge, so here they are – and feel free to mention which level you’re aiming for in your sign-up post:
- 1-8 – Star
- 9-16 – Rockstar
- 17-24 – Superstar
- 25 and up – Boss
I’m shooting for Superstar, but I would love to tackle this challenge like a boss.
Oct. 1 – Kick-off + October Reviews
Nov. 1 – November Reviews
Dec. 1 – December Reviews
Jan. 1, 2016 – Wrap-up + Giveaway
The Sign-up Giveaway.
For those of you who sign up prior to the start of the challenge (by September 30, 2015) and who leave a link to at least one review in October, you will be automatically entered into the giveaway.
What’s Up for Grabs
A $25 USD Amazon eGiftcard OR a Book of Your Choice (up to $25 USD) from The Book Depository – ONE Winner
How to Enter
- Leave a link to a sign-up post or to your Goodreads Profile with a Q4 RPRC shelf
- Leave an October review link in the October Linky List before October 31, 2015
- Must be 13 or older to enter
- Must be signed up and have reviewed at least one book in October 2015
- There will be ONE winner
- Winner will be chosen on November 1st by Random.org based on their sign-up Linky number
- Winner will be contacted by email and have 72 hours to respond with their details
There is no requirement to follow the blog to participate in the challenge or to be entered in the giveaway. But spreading the word about the challenge is always appreciated.
The Sign-up Giveaway Winner.
The names were thrown into Random and the winner is…
**End of Update**
The Sign up.
Thank you so much for participating in this challenge with me! I can’t wait to see which review books you tackle over the next three months. Good luck!
Leave your links…