It’s that time again.
If you’ve been a visitor here since Fiktshun’s inception, you’ll know that I tend to move around a lot. This will be my sixth move in the past ten years. I don’t have to move, but for some reason I do. I mean, right now I’m in a very comfortable place with a gorgeous view outside my window, but I’ve been here for what feels like too long and it’s time to move on.
As I was moving into a bigger space the last time around I decided not to do a complete book purge. And while this move isn’t going to shrink my square footage all that much, I am not going to have the storage space I do in my current residence. Which means that I can’t let books pile up. I can’t acquire plastic bins to store them. And I don’t want to have to buy a third book tower to house them.
Which means I have to do some ruthless reductions of my bookish collection.
Fortunately I have every single one of the books in finished or ARC printed format on my Kindle. But it still hurts
a whole helluva lot more than a little to have to say goodbye to them.
But saying goodbye now is a must. So that I don’t have to pack them up, carry them over to my new space, and worry about how to say goodbye to them then.
I have been having the hardest time trying to figure out how to give them away. I don’t have the time – or space – to sit there and sort them into organized piles of related books. Some books are still in bins from my last move. Some are in boxes. Some are on my book towers. Some are in totes.
Some are newly released, some are older, some are hardcover, some are paperbacks, some are ARCs. It’s a total hodgepodge. Some I’ve read and reviewed, some I’ve just read, and some I still haven’t quite had the chance to. Some are signed, some are signed to me, some are unsigned.
But ALL of them are books that I own and HOPE to read someday if I haven’t already. Anyway…
So I thought I’d do this in the easiest-for-me way. Which is to grab a bunch of books that are easily accessible, fit as many of them as I can into a nice, medium-sized box I picked up at The Container Store. Take a snapshot. Pack up the box. Offer it up for giveaway.
Rinse. Repeat. Until all the books I have to say goodbye to are gone.
Here are the books for today’s giveaway:
- ETERNAL by C.C. Hunter – type: paperback | cond: new/unread | status: reviewed
- EARTHBOUND by Aprilynne Pike – type: ARC | cond: read | status: read
- INDEPENDENT STUDY by Joelle Charbonneau – type: ARC | cond: new/unread | status: read
- GRADUATION DAY by Joelle Charbonneau – type: ARC | cond: read by multiple | status: read
- UNHINGED by A.G. Howard- type: ARC | cond: read | status: read
- POISON PRINCESS by Kresley Cole – type: paperback | cond: new/unread | status: reviewed
- ENDLESS KNIGHT by Kresley Cole – type: paperback | cond: new/unread | status: reviewed
- DESCENDANT by Lesley Livingston – type: hardcover | cond: new/unread | status: read
- DON’T LOOK BACK by Jennifer L. Armentrout – type: hardcover | cond: new/unread | status: read
- IF I SHOULD DIE by Amy Plum – type: paperback | cond: new/unread signed to me | status: read
- DIE FOR ME by Amy Plum – type: paperback | cond: new/unread signed to me | status: reviewed
- UNTIL I DIE by Amy Plum – type: paperback | cond: new/unread signed to me | status: reviewed
- AFTERGLOW by Karsten Knight – type: hardcover | cond: new/unread | status: read
- SOUL SCREAMERS VOL. ONE by Rachel Vincent – type: paperback | cond: new/unread signed | status: reviewed
- CINDER by Marissa Meyer – type: paperback | cond: new/unread | status: reviewed
- CRESS by Marissa Meyer – type: ARC | cond: new/unread | status: unread
- Must be 13 or older to enter
- Giveaway is US only – sorry it’s a heavy box of books
- Books will be sent via media mail with tracking
- All books shown will go to ONE winner
- Giveaway ends on January 29th at 3 p.m. Pacific
- Winner with be chosen by and announced in the Rafflecopter
- Winner will have 24 hours to respond with their address details
There are no requirements to like or follow the blog or spread the word about the giveaway. But it is always appreciated.
Enter in the Rafflecopter below…