After yesterday’s “cheery” post I’m so happy for this 10th Day of Book Blogmas. Enough with the bah humbugs. Today I get to share what books I want for Christmas.
Now, I know that I won’t get any in my non-existent stocking or under my non-existent tree, but I know I’ll be getting a gift card or two that will allow me to buy them for myself.
If you haven’t heard of this awesome holiday event, be sure to check out Parajunkee’s blog post for more details. And for just a quick peek at the schedule for the next 12 days, here’s the amazing graphic she designed.
Books I Want for Christmas
Most every book currently released that I want I already own on my Kindle. So it’s always super hard for anyone to buy me a book for Christmas. And the print books that I’d love to own are too expensive or unavailable so they aren’t realistic gift choices. Those would be the Donald M. Grant signed by Stephen King editions of his Dark Tower series. Even the artwork that is currently available for sale right now is upwards of $500. So, yeah, not gonna happen.
But there are many, many, many books that are coming out in the new year that I can’t wait to own… though, chances are I already have them pre-ordered for my Kindle. But signed, print editions are always a happy (if often temporary) addition to my collection.
Here are just a few books I’d use that gift card for in a heartbeat:
- DEAD OF WINTER (The Arcana Chronicles #3) by Kresley Cole – dying to read this, don’t want to say goodbye.
- BURNED (Iced #2) by Karen Marie Moning – anxious for this after the looooong wait, but wary. (And yes, I refuse to call it Fever #7.)
- THE STARS NEVER RISE by Rachel Vincent – dying to get a hardcover book of Rachel Vincent’s in my collection. Can’t wait for its release!
- THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED (The Lovely and the Lost #3) by Page Morgan – best title of the series. Refuse to discover if it’s the final book.
- HALF WILD (Half Bad #2) by Sally Green – have this to read now but it would make a gorgeous addition to the book tower.
- PLEASE REMAIN CALM (This is Not a Test #2) by Courtney Summers – ooh there’s a sequel and okay it’s eBook only and I may already have pre-ordered. But still would make a great stocking stuffer.
- INK AND BONE (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine – if my gift card lasts more than two days past Christmas this is one of the books I will add to my print collection.
Those are just a fraction of the umpteen books I’d love to own.
What books would you love to find in your stocking?
If you leave a comment with your choices I will let Random pick one winner for one of the bookish choices left in the comments (under $25 USD) tomorrow at noon Pacific!