Let’s be honest here, we all have those books we’ve received for review (whether requested or not!), but we just haven’t gotten to them yet. Or maybe we went a little crazy with the ‘request’ buttons on NetGalley or Edelweiss, and we need to catch up.
That’s what this challenge is for.
And I’m super excited to be co-hosting this event with Reanna. When she offered to help out I was like, “Oh my gosh, yes! That would be awesome!” And contrary to what she might say in her sign-up post, she is more than along for the ride.
So I hope that you’ll join us on this year-long quest to reduce the size of your review book reading pile and maybe by year’s end you won’t be feeling quite as guilty as you were when it started!
If you’re anything like me you feel majorly guilty. Even if you didn’t specifically request those books.
Here are all the deets
- The 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2014
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific
- Grab one of the buttons to show off your participation! Parajunkee did a great job with them!
- You DO NOT have to have a blog to join this challenge. You just need to have some books received for review and a place online to review them
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you do not have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile that shows your 2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge shelf
- Please link back to the hosts in your sign-up posts
- This challenge is to help clear up books you’ve received for review. Any format, or any length, as long as you received the book specifically for review, is allowed
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2014 at both Fiktshun and Phantasmic Reads where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January reviews. (No 2013 reviews.) At the beginning of every month, starting in February, these posts will alternate between both blogs. (See schedule below)
- If you forgot to leave your review link in the challenge month in which you reviewed the book or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways – make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #RPRC2014 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter
We’ve decided to break down the challenge into levels. During the year you can move up, but you cannot move down. Just let everyone know in your signup post what you’re aiming for.
1-10 – Apprentice
11-20 – Journeyman
21-30 – Master
31-40 – Grand Master
40+ – Adept
I’m shooting for Master, but I hope by the challenge end I’ll move up to Grand Master.
The monthly RPRC schedule
Jan. 1 – Kick-off at Fiktshun and Phantasmic Reads – January Reviews
Feb. 1 – Fiktshun – February Reviews
Mar. 1 – Phantasmic Reads – March Reviews
Apr. 1 – Fiktshun – April Reviews
May 1 – Phantasmic Reads – May Reviews
June 1 – Fiktshun – June Reviews
Jul. 1 – Phantasmic Reads – July Reviews
Aug. 1 – Fiktshun – August Reviews
Sept. 1 – Phantasmic Reads – September Reviews
Oct. 1 – Fiktshun – October Reviews
Nov. 1 – Phantasmic Reads – November Reviews
Dec. 1 – Fiktshun – December Reviews
Jan. 1, 2015 – Wrap-up at Fiktshun and Phantasmic Reads + Giveaway
RPRC Sign-up Giveaway
For those of you who sign up prior to the start of the challenge (by December 31, 2013) and who leave a link to one review in January, you will be automatically entered into the giveaway.
What’s Up for Grabs
A $25 USD Amazon eGiftcard OR a Book of Your Choice (up to $25 USD) from The Book Depository – TWO Winners
How to Enter
- Leave a link to a sign-up post or to your Goodreads Profile with a Review Pile Reading Challenge Shelf
- Leave a January review link in the January 2014 Linky List before January 31, 2014
- Must be 13 or older to enter
- Must be signed up and have reviewed one book in January 2014
- There will be TWO winners
- Winners will be chosen on February 1, 2014 by Random.org based on their sign-up Linky number
- Winners will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond with their details
To be entered in the giveaway, or to participate in this challenge, following either of our blogs is not required, but is always appreciated.
And if you’d like to spread the word about this challenge that would be awesome!
And the winners are…
#66 – Erin @ Jump Into Books
#8 – Angie @ Pinkindle
We look forward to checking out your RPRC reviews in 2014. Thanks so much for signing up for this challenge. Good luck!
Leave your links…