One thing I’ve missed this past couple of years blogging is reading YA contemporary novels. For some reason the YA PNR/UF titles always seem to end up at the top of the pile and all those contemporary authors I know I love – and authors I want to discover – get set aside “for later.”
Well, this year I want “later” to be “now.” And even though this challenge is only for 2013 releases, which means those earlier titles will have to wait, there are quite a few YA contemporary authors who have some exciting new titles releasing this year that I plan on devouring for this challenge.
My initial commitment is only for five books, but I’m hoping to read at least twelve – one per month sounds like a reasonable goal – and I’d ideally like to read the fifteen on my Goodreads shelf.
The five titles I plan on reading are…
1. JUST ONE DAY by Gayle Forman
2. GOLDEN by Jessi Kirby
3. SEVERED HEADS, BROKEN HEARTS by Robyn Schneider
4. NOBODY BUT US by Kristin Halbrook
5. FALLING FOR YOU by Lisa Schroeder
As I read and review each book for this challenge I’ll update this page with the links to my reviews. And I definitely hope I’ll have added at least seven more titles to this list by the time the challenge ends in December.
Books I actually read…
1. DARE YOU TO by Katie McGarry.
2. THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US by Kasie West. Review TK.
3. WILD CARDS by Simone Elkeles. Review TK.
4. STIR ME UP by Sabrina Elkins.
5. CRASH INTO YOU by Katie McGarry. Review TK.
7. AFTERPARTY by Ann Redisch Stampler
8. THE PROMISE OF AMAZING by Robin Constantine
And while it doesn’t count toward the challenge, I read PANIC by Lauren Oliver and it was are awesome!