When I was first asked if I’d like to ROCK THE DROP I had no idea it was to help spread the word about Teen Lit Day. Just the idea of dropping some awesome books in really cool places around the city sounded like a lot of fun, so of course I was in!
But when these amazing books and ARCs arrived and I learned that it was not just about sharing these super cool books with others, but to help support Teen Lit Day, I was even more stoked.
What a generous and super fun way to help with teen literacy!
And since the amazing team at HarperTeen was being so generous, I wanted to help out too. So, when I checked out the readergirlz blog and found their really cool button and a way to print a few bookplates, I ordered these four awesome books that I could drop around the city to show my support.
How to Participate
While I may have received a few extra titles that I will be dropping, if you have any YA books lying around that you’d like to drop in fun locations to share with others and help support Teen Lit Day, be sure to check out the readergirlz blog for details on how you can participate!
But it’s pretty simple…
- Grab a book
- Print one of the bookplates to include in the book
- Drop it somewhere public – if it’s fun or interesting, even better!
- Take a pic! You can post it on the readergirlz Facebook page or Tweet it or both!
- Be sure to include the #rockthedrop hashtag with your Tweet!
- And if you’re a blogger and want to help spread the word even more, create a post!
Or if you just want to check out who’s rocking the drop and sharing their photos on Thursday, be sure to follow the #rockthedrop hashtag on Twitter or visit the readergirlz Facebook page.