I don’t think you could have ever visited my blog and NOT heard about this book. I wanted this so very badly since I first heard of its existence out there in the wilde. I tried everything, well almost everything, to win a copy. To no avail.
Then magically one day – and I still have no idea how – a copy showed up in my mailbox. It was as if all the gods heard my pleas (and there were many) and pulled my addy out of the aether and sent me one. I am undyingly grateful to whoever got my name on that list. And I am forever thankful to the wonderful people at Simon & Schuster for sending me this amazing book.
As this was my first ever unrequested ARC, I was tempted to keep it forever and ever. Plus the ARC itself is oh so beautiful, even though the postman, and perhaps one storm goddess, decided to have their brutal way with it. (And I am supremely glad that the volcano goddess did not lay her fiery hands on this.)
But I think this awesome book deserves to be read by as many people as possible who can spread the word about it. And so, after much debate, I am giving this book away to another reviewer. And I will forever, from this day forward, misspell wildefire!
So as with my other ARC giveaways, to honor the spirit and purpose of the ARC, this one is only for readers who will be willing to review it. You don’t need a blog. Goodreads or LibraryThing or other review site will be fine, but in order to be eligible to win this book your past reviews must be fairly thorough.
And if you are a member of Simon & Schuster’s Galley Grab program and already have access to the eARC I am asking that you not participate in this giveaway. I would like this to go to someone who doesn’t have another way to read this prior to release date.
1. One entry per person.
2. You must be 13 or older.
3. Giveaway is International
4. You agree to review the book on or before release date. (I will be checking – and maybe discovering a really cool new blog. If you don’t post a review, you will no longer be eligible for future ARC giveaways.)
5. You must have a blog or a place where you will post your review, such as Goodreads, LibraryThing, etc. and your past reviews must be fairly thorough.
6. Your review does not have to be positive. It just needs to be an honest one. And if you are on Goodreads, please add the book to your “to read” list.
7. Contest ends at midnight. Winner will be chosen by Random.org and announced on May 22nd.
There is no requirement to like or follow. But if you’d like to spread the word to other reviewers who might be interested that would be awesome!
To enter, fill out the form below:
Thanks to everyone who entered my Quickie Giveaway. I will be running the names through Random.org shortly and will post the winner’s name here!
I am sad to let this, my very first unsolicited ARC, and my most coveted read of 2011 so far, go, but I’m happy that someone else will get a chance to read this amazing book.
And the winner is….
Ash, you have 48 hours to respond to my email with your address details. If not, I will be forced to choose another winner. I can’t wait to read your review on or before release date!