Today is Day 14 – the final day – of Parajunkee’s Book Blogger New Year’s Challenge and I’m a little sad to see it end. I loved participating in this challenge, even if some days the challenge proved insanely difficult.
For most of these posts I’ve gone on and on and on, though I’m not entirely sure that’s different than any of my other posts, but today I’m going to try and keep it simple.
For those of you who might want to participate but haven’t yet heard about this challenge, just click on the link above for more details. But here is the schedule of posts…
Day Two – YOUR PROS & CONS OF BLOGGING LIST
Day Three – THE BOOKS OF 2013 YOU ARE SAD YOU MISSED
Day Four – THE BOOKS OF 2014 YOU WON’T MISS
Day Five – WORST BOOK OF 2013
Day Six – BEST BOOK OF 2013
Day Seven – TOP TEN BOOK BLOGGER PET PEEVES
Day Eight – YOUR FAVORITE BOOK BLOGGER MOMENT
Day Nine – CONS OR EVENTS YOU HOPE TO ATTEND
Day Ten – NEW THINGS YOU WILL BE DOING THIS YEAR
Day Eleven – TBR SHELF: HOW MANY?
Day Twelve – HOW DO YOU PLAN ON GETTING MORE FOLLOWERS THIS YEAR?
Day Thirteen – SHARE A BLOGGER HORROR STORY
Day Fourteen – BLOGGING WISH LIST OF 2014
My Blogging Wish List
My wish list for blogging is a moderate one. And so as not to ramble on endlessly, I think putting my wishes for 2014 in a bulleted list will help keep it concise and to the point. Hopefully I’ll be able to conclude this post without rambling on endlessly. We shall see. But for now, here are my 2014 wishes.
I wish that 2014 will be…
- A drama-free year of blogging
- A year in which I discover and fall in love with at least thirty new author’s books
- A year in which I fall even more in love with series I have already come to love
- A year in which authors I already adore wow me even more than they already have with their new titles
- A year in which reviewing gets to be less difficult
- A year in which I get over my obsession with blog design
- A year filled with exciting new changes in the book blogosphere
- A year in which I get the courage to attend an event and introduce myself to authors I fan over
- A year in which I “meet” a few new bloggers or readers who are just as passionate as I am about the books they read
- A year where everyone in this community comes together, is a little kinder to one another, is a little more accepting of each other’s differences, is a little less quick to blame, cast dispersions, spew vitriol
And I really, really, really hope each and every one of my wishes comes true.
Yay! I did it! I did not ramble on endlessly as I always seem to do. But before I end this rather short-for-me post, I just want to thank Rachel at Parajunkee for coming up with such a fantastic challenge idea to start off the new year with some interesting topics that really made me think.
I can’t wait to see what else she’s got up her sleeve this year!
And I can’t quite end this post without asking…
What about you?
What is on your wish list for the blogging year ahead? Is it to read more books than last year? Is it to finally tackle that toppling review pile you have?
Is it to hone your skills at blogging or writing posts and reviews? Or is it to challenge yourself to come up with some new and exciting ideas for your blog?
You may not be able to change the past, but you can make changes that affect the future for your blog or your place in the blogosphere. What are your most wished for things in 2014? I’d love to know!