A blog for all things fiction

Book Watch: Releasing This Week #153

BW-RTW

Below are the YA books releasing this week that I am spotlighting for my “Book Watch: Releasing This Week” post.

These are books for the week of December 3rd-December 9th that I have pre-ordered.

line2

Rebel Spring

addtogoodreads

REBEL SPRING by Morgan Rhodes releases in the U.S. today, December 3, 2013, in hardcover and eBook formats. It is currently available to order online in both formats at AMAZON and BARNES & NOBLE.

Published by Razorbill, the print edition is 416 pages.

REBEL SPRING is the second book in Morgan Rhodes’ Falling Kingdoms series. There are two additional books in the series planned.

Dots_Divider

I have not yet had the chance to embark upon the journey promised in this series or to meet Cleo, Magnus, Lucia and Jonas. But I am so excited that my pre-order copy of REBEL SPRINGS downloaded to my Kindle so that I will be able to not only meet the characters but continue their adventure in this sequel.

I did end up reading the description that promises not only “love, power, and magic” but also “war.” And I am now more eager than ever to begin this series so I can find out just what King Gaius does that “will forever change the face of” the land.

I had planned on waiting until after the release of the third book before diving in. But I am now more curious than ever to discover this world, learn more about the three fallen kingdoms, and see just how everyone’s handling their union in the country known as Mytica.

Hopefully I’ll get the chance to do so early in the new year. This series sounds so unbelievably epic that the idea of waiting years for the remaining books to release before adding these first two to the pile is unthinkable.

Description…

Love, power, and magic collide with war in the second book of the Falling Kingdoms series

Auranos has fallen and the three kingdoms—Auranos, Limeros, and Paelsia—are now united as one country called Mytica. But still, magic beckons, and with it the chance to rule not just Mytica, but the world…

When the evil King Gaius announces that a road is to be built into the Forbidden Mountains, formally linking all of Mytica together, he sets off a chain of events that will forever change the face of this land, forcing Cleo the dethroned princess, Magnus the reluctant heir, Lucia the haunted sorceress, and Jonas the desperate rebel to take steps they never could have imagined.

Dots_Divider

Racing Savannah

addtogoodreads

RACING SAVANNAH by Miranda Kenneally releases in the U.S. today, December 3, 2013, in paperback and eBook formats. It is currently available to order online in both formats at AMAZON and BARNES & NOBLE.

Published by Sourcebooks Fire, the print edition is 304 pages.

RACING SAVANNAH is the fourth book in Author Miranda Kenneally’s Hundred Oaks series. The fifth book, BREATHE, ANNIE, BREATHE, is slated for release on July 1, 2014. A sixth and final book, currently untitled, is planned.

Dots_Divider

I can’t wait to read RACING SAVANNAH and I am totally stoked that my Kindle pre-order copy downloaded and that this book is now a part of my collection. I’ve been looking forward to this particular installment in the series for what feels like forever.

As I have already spotlighted it for my Book Watch post, I probably shouldn’t ramble endlessly here. But I really can’t wait to meet Savannah and Jack and to find out which is more dangerous – horse racing or dating.

I love that the description hints of forbidden love, a love story divided by class. And I love that the main character is interested in more than just dating the “out of her league” Jack Goodwin.

The world of horse racing sounds absolutely fascinating, and I can’t wait to see this world through Savannah’s eyes. Which I will hopefully get the chance to do next week.

For those that don’t yet have their copy of RACING SAVANNAH, you can check out an excerpt on the author’s website, HERE.

Description…

They’re from two different worlds.

He lives in the estate house, and she spends most of her time in the stables helping her father train horses. In fact, Savannah has always been much more comfortable around horses than boys. Especially boys like Jack Goodwin—cocky, popular and completely out of her league. She knows the rules: no mixing between the staff and the Goodwin family. But Jack has no such boundaries.

With her dream of becoming a horse jockey, Savannah isn’t exactly one to follow the rules either. She’s not going to let someone tell her a girl isn’t tough enough to race. Sure, it’s dangerous. Then again, so is dating Jack…

Dots_Divider

Other Books of Note

DeadlyDEADLY (Pretty Little Liars #14) by Sara Shepard

Pub. Date: December 3, 2013

Publisher: HarperTeen

Find It: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE

Description:

Deadly, the fourteenth volume in Sara Shepard’s YA Pretty Little Liars series, delivers more juicy scandals, dark secrets, and shocking plot twists. This #1 New York Times bestselling series is also a hit ABC Family original TV show.

High school seniors Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer have all done horrible things—things that would put them behind bars if anyone ever found out. And their stalker “A” knows everything.

So far A has kept their secrets, using them to torture the girls. But now A’s changed the game. Suddenly the girls are hauled in for questioning, and all their worlds begin to unravel. If A’s plan succeeds, Rosewood’s pretty little liars will be locked away for good. . . .

line4

Ink is Thicker Than WaterINK IS THICKER THAN WATER by Amy Spalding

Pub. Date: December 3, 2013

Publisher: Entangled Teen

Find It: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE

Description:

For Kellie Brooks, family has always been a tough word to define. Combine her hippie mom and tattooist stepdad, her adopted overachieving sister, her younger half brother, and her tough-love dad, and average Kellie’s the one stuck in the middle, overlooked and impermanent. When Kellie’s sister finally meets her birth mother and her best friend starts hanging with a cooler crowd, the feeling only grows stronger.

But then she reconnects with Oliver, the sweet and sensitive college guy she had a near hookup with last year. Oliver is intense and attractive, and she’s sure he’s totally out of her league. But as she discovers that maybe intensity isn’t always a good thing, it’s yet another relationship she feels is spiraling out of her control.

It’ll take a new role on the school newspaper and a new job at her mom’s tattoo shop for Kellie to realize that defining herself both outside and within her family is what can finally allow her to feel permanent, just like a tattoo.

line4

Third Lie's the CharmTHIRD LIE’S THE CHARM (The Liar Society #3) by Lisa & Laura Roecker

Pub. Date: December 3, 2013

Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire

Find It: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE

Description:

New friend into old, the bond of the Sisterhood will never grow cold.

Life at Pemberly Brown is a whirlwind for Kate Lowry. Determined to finally destroy the secret society responsible for her best friend Grace’s death, Kate joins the Sisterhood hoping to go all Trojan Horse on their asses. But the night of her initiation another student at Pemberly Brown dies in what looks like tragic accident.

Kate knows better.

Kate and her faithful ginger, Seth Allen, immediately uncover a connection to the boy’s death and the secret societies that rule Pemberly Brown. But it’s not until Kate begins receiving pages from Grace’s old journal that she begins to piece together what really happened the night she died and how it connects to Pemberly Brown’s most recent tragedy.

Meanwhile, Kate’s ex-boyfriend Liam is following her around like an angry guard dog and she’s falling hard for the mysterious Bradley Farrow. Both boys are tied up in the mystery that surrounds Pemberly Brown, but only one of them can truly be trusted.

In this chilling conclusion to The Liar Society series Kate will fight to save her school from the evil that lurks beneath its hallowed halls. But will her quest destroy her or finally lead her to true love? She can only hope her third lie’s the charm.

line4

Rain of the GhostsRAIN OF THE GHOSTS (Rain Cacique #1) by Greg Weisman

Pub. Date: December 3, 2013

Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin

Find It: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE

Description:

Rain of the Ghosts is the first in Greg Weisman’s series about an adventurous young girl, Rain Cacique, who discovers she has a mystery to solve, a mission to complete and, oh, yes, the ability to see ghosts.

Welcome to the Prospero Keys (or as the locals call them: the Ghost Keys), a beautiful chain of tropical islands on the edge of the Bermuda Triangle. Rain Cacique is water-skiing with her two best friends Charlie and Miranda when Rain sees her father waiting for her at the dock. Sebastian Bohique, her maternal grandfather, has passed away. He was the only person who ever made Rain feel special. The only one who believed she could do something important with her life. The only thing she has left to remember him by is the armband he used to wear: two gold snakes intertwined, clasping each other’s tails in their mouths. Only the armband . . . and the gift it brings: Rain can see dead people. Starting with the Dark Man: a ghost determined to reveal the Ghost Keys’ hidden world of mystery and mysticism, intrigue and adventure.

line4

Swamp AngelSWAMP ANGEL by Colleen Boyd

Pub. Date: December 3, 2013

Publisher: Spencer Hill Press

Find It: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE

Description:

Someone’s watching him. Rylan Forester just can’t shake the feeling he’s being followed, and the dreams he’s been having aren’t helping either, dreams of a green horned monster kissing him by the swamp behind his house. They’re the last thing he needs in his life right now anyway, with a distant father, a best friend who’s crushing on him, a school bully after his hide, and a greedy land developer after his family’s property. After an almost tragic accident, Rylan’s world is turned upside down with one important discovery-the monster’s real, and she needs his help. Drawn into her world, what starts as simple friendship has the chance to become something greater. But trouble isn’t far away, and it’s going to take all of Rylan’s efforts to keep his new friend safe.

line4

Don't Close Your EyesDON’T CLOSE YOUR EYES (Dream Catcher #1-3) by Lisa McMann

Pub. Date: December 3, 2013

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Find It: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE

Description:

A boxed set of Lisa McMann’s New York Times bestselling WAKE trilogy. Includes Wake, Fade, and Gone.

Janie Hannagan gets sucked into other people’s dreams. It’s an ability she always kept secret—until she met Cabel, and found herself with the best (secret) boyfriend ever. But Janie and Cabel are about to find out just how dark Janie’s future as a Dream Catcher is… and whether Cabel will be a part of it.

line4

***Missed Last Week***

Bitter Sweet LoveBITTER SWEET LOVE (The Dark Elements #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pub. Date: December 1, 2013

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Find It: AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE

Description:

In a sizzling prequel novella to her new series THE DARK ELEMENTS, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout draws readers into the extraordinary, irresistible world of Wardens and demons.

Dez wasn’t just Jasmine’s crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining balance between good and evil. He was her everything…right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn’t help that Jas’s father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that personally.

And now he’s back, three years older, ten times hotter, ready to pick up exactly where they left off. But Jas isn’t taking that risk again. Dez has seven days to meet all her conditions and earn back her trust. Seven days filled with terrifying danger and sweet temptation. Seven days to win her heart—or shatter it all over again…

Dots_Divider

I can’t believe how quiet a week it is for new releases in YA. My two pre-orders downloaded but there were no surprise books for a change. Of course I still feel like I’m missing out. I don’t remember the last time I had only two pre-orders.

Though I did receive my pre-order copy of Jennifer L. Armentrout’s eNovella on December 1st, it technically should have been included among last week’s releases. And while I don’t normally list novellas, I am so excited to check out this peek into her new series about demons and gargoyles that I just had to include it in this post.

I love the look of the new boxed set of Lisa McMann’s WAKE, FADE, GONE trilogy that released this week. But as I already own all three books I probably won’t buy them again. Well… maybe.

And while I didn’t pre-order Amy Spalding’s INK IS THICKER THAN WATER, as it is a book I’m seeing everywhere these days it’s one I’m going to be checking out.

But for now I’m going to be happy with my two pre-orders and will hopefully get to read both books very, very soon.

As always, I hope that while this week may be quiet for you too, there is at least one book you’ve had on your “dying to read” list that can be switched to your “currently reading” pile.

Happy book-ish acquiring and reading!

line2

As always, I would love to hear what you’re hoping to add to your collection this week!

And if you have any great suggestions of “must read” books to buy that are releasing this week, please let me know!

2 Responses to “Book Watch: Releasing This Week #153”

1. Anya says:

Haha, I also haven’t had a chance to read Falling Kingdoms yet, but I really really want to and I’m excited to get Rebel Spring to look beautiful next to Falling Kingdoms on the shelf *book collector dance* :D

2. Terri Bynum says:

Falling Kingdoms was WONDERFUL; since I’ve followed your blog for some time & have a pretty solid impression of what you like, I have no doubt that you’ll love it! My hardcover’s on its way-for me to buy ANYTHING in hardcover proves serious love for a series on my part. :-)

Enjoy! I’m anxious to someday read what you thought. :-)