It’s that time again! Yes, Tod is back in the running for a chance to make the final four in the YA Crush Tourney on The YA Sisterhood‘s blog.
The match is now
not live yet, but it will be at 8:00 a.m. Central time in the U.S. You can just click the YA Crush Advocate button in the sidebar which links to the blog’s main page (or just click the link above), or click here and to vote on the post. This is the only match happening today. And it will run for only one day. Yep, 24 hours.
Today, Tod Hudson’s competitor will be Michael from Hourglass. As I haven’t yet read the book, I don’t know just how swoon-worthy Michael is, but I’m almost positive that he wouldn’t beat Tod on my crush-worthy boy rankings list. I’ve known Tod a lot longer and he’s only gotten better with each book. Just wait until If I Die comes out and you can see for yourself if you haven’t had a chance to read an early copy.
There’s a lot of information on my Advocacy post on The YA Sisterhood’s blog – the only portion that’s changed for this round is the paragraph on why he’s better than his competitor – so feel free to check it out.
But if you’d like to know just a little bit more about Tod, here’s my “Don’t Fear the Reaper” post, which gives some quickie Tod facts.
Tod’s creator, author Rachel Vincent, has promised some sort of incentive for people who vote for Tod. Check out her blog post, HERE, and leave a comment if you have something specific you might want.
For today’s plea post for Tod, I thought I’d do a TOP TEN list. It was tough to decide what top ten things to spotlight – top ten reasons to choose Tod, top ten favorite Tod quotes, or top ten things that make Tod crush-worthy.
As I’ve listed plenty of reasons on The YA Sisterhood’s blog why you should choose Tod and even more reasons why he is crush-worthy, I thought I’d put together a list of my favorite sarcastic Tod quotes.
Now, Tod can be quite the charmer, but what first endeared him to me was his ever-present sarcasm. And if you really want to get a good dose of it, just read Reaper.
It was tough narrowing it down to ten, and I didn’t quite make it, but here they are…
My Top Ten Favorite Sarcastic Tod Quotes
10. ”So could we please not mob the three-thousand-plus-year-old reaper like tweens at a boy-band concert?”
9. ”You’ve got the wrong guy…Notice the conspicuous absence of wings and a halo.”
8. ”The scythe was a little tricky at first, but–much like golf–turns out it’s all in the swing.”
7. ”So, ‘reaper’ is really just a nice word for ‘covert pervert?’ Is that what you’re saying?”
6. ”Something beyond the fact that I’m dead and invisible, and I was evidently dressed by Edward Scissorhands?”
5. ”I may be dead, but I’m still perfectly functional. More functional than ever, in fact. Watch me function.”
4. ”So, you reap souls and crush hopes? Is that part of the job, or just a service you offer for free?”
3. “Yeah, it was tough to make time between the compulsive thumb twiddling and the lure of bingo night at Colonial Manor, but I managed to fit you in.”
2. ”So you’re saying the afterlife is hard on the libido? FYI, that’s probably not a good bullet point for your recruiting brochure.”
1. ”So, would you say I’m closer to a zombie or a vampire? I gotta know–are my parts going to rot and fall off, or am I forever frozen in youthful perfection?”
And my all-time favorite, which I will try to squeeze onto the tip-top of the list is…
“If I weren’t already dead, I’d be alive with joy.”
Thank you for taking the time to get a chance to know Tod just a little bit better. His sarcastic side is one of the things that makes Tod, Tod. But, he is also fiercely protective, loyal and a completely, stunningly beautiful boy.
So, thank you for heading over to The YA Sisterhood’s blog to…